Our Mentoring Perspective:
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
- – Everyone should be mentored
- – Everyone should mentor
- – Mentoring should impart “tools” rather than just perspectives, so the mentored will be able to “self help”, continuing to grow their spirits, marriage, & purpose
- – Mentoring should have a clear set of parameters & goals at the outset, e.g. duration & what the mentors would like to cover and what the mentorees hope to gain insight with.
- – Mentoring should by and large be couple w/ couple, on rare occasion man w/ man, woman w/woman, never one to one opposite sex.
- – Mentors should be matched w/ mentorees for similarities for maximum effectiveness but be otherwise not familiar w/ each other.
- – The mentored should plan to be available to mentor others.