You’ll want to watch a couple times to get it. Then, you’ll want to share it with those that don’t ~ get it. Get it?
The point for believers here is God has outlined your actions. Reactions can confuse and frustrate all persons to a higher degree than where you may be at. Unless you choose as a ‘reaction’ to follow predetermined ‘actions’, you will be like a car accident on an icy road, sliding all about and crashing uncontrollably. BE the control of thy self. Hint:
- “Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control”….
If you dare claim Christ as your Savior, the ‘speck n plank’, and ‘in the same way you will be judged’ are all scriptures you need to put in front of your speaking and actions.
Challenge to the challenged:
- Look not to remove the speck from another’s eye until you remove the plank from your own. This could take a while. But you will ‘draw close to God and he will draw close to you’. Who can take down a team such as this? To the married, ‘a cord of 3 strands is not easily broken’.
- “Wisdom in the counsel of many”. Many what, random people? Grandma passed in 1987, but she is wiser now to me than ever before. John Wesley, Samaritans Purse, ministries to the forgotten, lost and hurting, these are my role models. The widow who gives her ‘mite’, she gives everything. Those that care for them that can return nothing? Psalm 1 comes to mind, the definition of a righteous man. For years I’d look for feedback from those I thought ‘wise’. They looked successful, educated, ‘all together’. As time passed, I’d see how they spent time (secular entertainment, worldly pursuits), I’d see what filled their mind (non-faith based motivational books, secular novels) and then ‘fruit’. If you see ‘fruit’ for the kingdom being produced by their efforts, Fruit of the Spirit in conduct this is good. If you hear God’s word quoted: good. If you otherwise hear ‘the one with the biggest stick wins! (God? not Goliath?), or ‘well, Murphy’s law’ (vs. All things work for good if you love the Lord and follow His purpose), or other such, look for those that consistently start and end with the Lord. They pray with you asap, they give you relevant scriptures and lead you to seek the Holy Spirit, to come into closer fellowships with bible study groups, etc. Then my friend, you will have found a rare jewel, ‘… the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.” Proverbs 20:15
- When and how to act: Test against these –
- Scriptural alignment – not only selected out of context verses that might support you otherwise.
- Bathed in prayer. Ask others to join in prayer for a leading.
- Leading of the Holy Spirit – outgrowth of prayer time.
- Timing. Could this be done better later? Or after God opens door(s). Are doors shutting consistently?
- Wise counsel.
- Keep seeking. Think Ecclesiates for what is of value, Psalms 1, 23, 119, etc for peace, Romans for instruction, and memorize Matt 5,6,7 Christs sermon on the Mount. With that alone you’ll probably find resolve.
- Next step to victory: Focus on others. Volunteer at the mission. Bring in a homeless friend. Host a bible study. Attend as many studies as you can – with new people you don’t know. Support a local fellowship where your support can make a difference and shares the uncompromised Word of God. From personal experience I can attest these are all wonderful healing activities.
The Lord Bless you and Keep You !!!
You have hard questions and need wisdom, perhaps start here.
- Labri Fellowship
- The L’Abri communities are study centers in Europe, Asia and America where individuals have the opportunity to seek answers to honest questions about God and the significance of human life.
- Want to know how infinitely complex scripture is, and why its simple wisdom can be trusted? You may enjoy Learn the Bible in 24 Hours, click on the book picture to “look inside”. You’ll be fascinated. One of many books I pass along to clients/ friends.
My Quora ‘wisdom’ ~ under the Quora name of my ‘scribe assistant.’