Come share whats in ‘your toolbox’.
We meet at members homes and their churches each week during the school year and 1x/month during the summer.
2 hr & 15 min sessions go like this: Each segment is optional and you are free to come/go as you are able.
- 6:15-6:30 Snacks to pass.
- Hosts do not bring anything. Others, when you confirm attendance specify ‘healthy snack/ drink/ unhealthy snack/ plates, naps, cups’ so others can pick something else.
- 6:30 – 7:15 Open presentations.
- Optional participation – In the round share the resource/ book/ tip you have. Be as creative as you’d like. Photos from ‘way back when’ ?, a couple in need that we can help, an activity, place or group you’ve found that would support marital efforts.
- Also will include ‘special invited guests’ – who would you like to nominate ?
- 7:30 – 8:30 Curriculum.
- 12 weeks starting 2/14: We are currently going thru http://www.marriagementoring.com/ material in a structured ‘facilitator with your feedback & input’ format.
Tuesday evenings starting 2/21.
What Is a Marriage Mentor?
“What I need is someone to talk to who has walked down the path ….” … offer the distance and objectivity that a mentor gives. A mentor is not:
- a mother or father.
- a friend.
- “on call” for every little crisis.
- a know-it-all.
- committed long-term.