Believe everything you hear and most of what you see (or not).
Fake news is all the rage. But what about ‘gossip’, what about ‘first go to the person…’ ?
What effect does it have on your marriage when you introduce ‘well so `n so says that …’ or ‘you know what ____ thinks ?’ I usually say ‘I’m less interested in ‘what they think’ and more interested in if I start and end with The Word when I act. Everything else will have to take care of itself.
Yes, the photo is a mock up, a fake.
A great church friend says: “Be careful what you tell others about your husband (wife), it may the the only picture others have to understand who your spouse is.” My paraphrase is, every time you tell me about another person and the content of what you tell me, from this I know how you represent me to others.
Come share whats in ‘your toolbox’.
We meet at members homes and their churches each week during the school year and 1x/month during the summer.
2 hr & 15 min sessions go like this: Each segment is optional and you are free to come/go as you are able.
- 6:15-6:30 Snacks to pass.
- Hosts do not bring anything. Others, when you confirm attendance specify ‘healthy snack/ drink/ unhealthy snack/ plates, naps, cups’ so others can pick something else.
- 6:30 – 7:15 Open presentations.
- Optional participation – In the round share the resource/ book/ tip you have. Be as creative as you’d like. Photos from ‘way back when’ ?, a couple in need that we can help, an activity, place or group you’ve found that would support marital efforts.
- Also will include ‘special invited guests’ – who would you like to nominate ?
- 7:30 – 8:30 Curriculum.
Tuesday evenings starting 2/21.
Further info: http://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriage/strengthening-your-marriage/mentoring-101/marriage-mentoring
What Is a Marriage Mentor?
“What I need is someone to talk to who has walked down the path ….” … offer the distance and objectivity that a mentor gives. A mentor is not:
- a mother or father.
- a friend.
- “on call” for every little crisis.
- a know-it-all.
- committed long-term.