Its the opinion of an article’s author that men & women need space. They should:
- acknowledge and plan for it in specific terms,
- should disclose the specifics about what they do during such time,
- will have differing space needs based on childhood nurturing styles, should keep such time to an “as needed” max.,
- must realize if such time is not planned for it will be taken in a physical and/or emotionally offensive way creating counter productive distance,
- women need space more oft then men,
- and expect to reap rewards because of time for refreshment !
Here’s the WSJ article.
Naturally, any human advice must be filtered with scripture. Here’s some ideas, what would you ad ?
- “…But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 (a good place to start )
- “…Do not withhold yourselves from each other unless you agree to do so just for a set time, in order to devote yourselves to prayer.” 1 Corinthians 7:5