A successful relationship depends not just on how partners divvy up the household chores, but also on how they express gratitude.
A new study sheds light on why one partner often gets stuck with certain household chores while the other is oblivious to the piled-up laundry or overflowing garbage. The trick to harmony could be a simple “thank you,” the research indicates.
- Perform tasks before they become necessary.
- Stick to a schedule for specific chores.
- Be mindful of the work your partner does and remember to express gratitude.
- Write down a list of your tasks. Then, switch lists (and tasks) for a week or month to better understand your partner’s contributions.
- Understand that each partner has a different threshold for household chores so you can address your partner in a calmer, less accusing way.