Happy New Year !!
If over 90% of communication is non-verbal, ie, without spoken word, what ARE we communicating ?
What do we use to communicate “it” ?
- How’s your body language ?
- Is your touch loving ? Do you touch ?
- Whats in the eyes ? How much eye contact do you make and for how long at each glance ?
- Do you act consistent or unpredictable / changing ?
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
So when we act like we are frustrated, perhap we do not believe this scripture or perhaps some part of it? Which part,
- that all of our things are NOT going to work together for our good ?
- or, perhaps that we do not love God
- or, maybe we feel we are not called according to His purpose
We communicate to God that we do not believe that He is being Lord over every part of our life and we need to simply live for Him daily.
And what does unfairly directed frustration communicate to our spouse ?
- Perhaps that they might not wish to communicate so much in the future ? Is that what we want ?
- Will it increase deep personal thoughts shared ? Will intimacy have a tenancy to decrease and grow cool ?
When we keep a God centered focus and purpose, we have to accept what life gives us, just as we’d accept a teacher’s assignment and an employers task memo – as a “to do” list. God’s to do list gives us opportunities to “lean not on our own understanding” and presume He is not only in control, but He is providing a moment to learn/grow/disciple/perhaps be a blessing to another – even a spouse.